NEXTHERM SC-1 is a fast-acting, non-toxic, heat transfer cleaner concentrate designed to remove carbon, varnish, and other hydrocarbon related deposits from rotating equipment. It is added to an existing lubricant prior to an oil change, and does not require the equipment downtime – saving time and money. Once heated, NEXTHERM SC-1 removes, and suspends deposits within the equipment allowing for easy drainage without equipment tear downs. It can be used in both pressurized and splash lubrication systems.
NEXTHERM SC-1 is recommended for use at a ratio of 1 part concentrate to 10 parts lubricant. It may be used at a ratio of 1 part concentrate to 5 parts lubricant for heavily varnished systems. Once added to the lubricant, it is recommended to allow the equipment to run for a period of 24 to 48 hours. Carefully watch filter pressure differentials, as they capture removed deposits. After running for the recommended period of time, drain the lubricant/cleaner mixture while warm to help prevent any settling of suspended debris.
|Viscosity @40°C cSt||ASTM-D445||5||Flash Point °C (°F)||ASTM-D92||149|
|Pour Point °C (°F)||ASTM-D92||-24||Auto-Ignition Point °C (°F)||ASTM-D97||288|
|Copper Corrosion, 24 Hr||ASTM-D130||1a|
- Softens and removed carbon and varnish deposits
- Helps maintain equipment efficiency
- Improves lubricant life by removing catalyzing degradation byproducts
- Can be used while equipment is in operation
- Non-toxic/Non-hazardous formulation
1. Add NEXTHERM SC-1 to existing or fresh lubricant at 1:10 or 1:5 ratio.
2. Run equipment for 24 to 48 hours – depending on varnish/carbon levels.
3. Watch filters to prevent excess pressures.
4. Drain fluid completely while hot to prevent settling of suspended deposits.
5. Refill system with fresh lubricant.
6. Repeat if necessary.